Stimulate your brain with mind snacks: a mind snacks
A mind snack means activities or practices, which can break your routine brain wave pattern. It involves doing some activities in a narrative way to shatter the brain circuits, nourish your brain and improve your mental health.
Mind snacks are small, bit seized activities that are designed to improve your mental health. These activities can tame many forms, such as puzzles, brain teasers, mindfulness exercises or even a short walk in nature. The key is to engage in an activity that challenges your brain and promotes relaxation and focus.
Do the following whenever you need a break:
1. Brain teasers and puzzles: Engage your mind in activities such as crossword puzzles, Sudoku or other brain teasers can help to stimulate the mind and improve consequent function.
- This number placement puzzle is a great way to improve your logic and problem-solving skills.
- Crossword puzzles challenge your vocabulary and language skills.
- Putting together a jigsaw puzzle is a great way to improve your spatial reasoning and visual structural skills.
2. Break your routine:
- Take a completely different route to work or school.
- Prepare a meal that you don’t have normally. Try eating noodles with a spoon instead of chopsticks.
- Trying a new hobby, such as painting, cooking or dancing can help you break out of your comfort zone.
- Volunteering for a cause you care about can help you break out of your routine while making a positive impact on others.
3. Smell new odors in the morning: Have new odors, like a juice of fresh coriander extracted first thing in the morning to knock up your brain. Early in the morning, visit the park and inhale the freshness of trees, fruits and flowers.
4. Perform tasks with your eyes closed: The other senses become more active with your eyes closed as it blocks all the distractions. Your sub conscious mind becomes more active. Pouring water or juice into a glass can help you become more aware of the weight and movement of the container and improve your hand-eye coordination. Try taking a shower, eat and dress with your eyes closed. Normally we rely on our eyes for these tasks. Folding cloths with your eyes closed can help you become more aware of the texture and shape of the fabric and improve your hand eye coordination.
5. Try using your non-dominant hand for performing tasks:
- Use your non-dominant hand to navigate your phone or type messages.
- Try writing a few sentences with your non-dominant hand.
- Try brushing your teeth with your non-dominant hand to improve your sense of touch awareness.
- Combing your hair with your non-dominant hand.
- Use your non-dominant hand to open doors or jars.
With non-dominant hands, you can teach your brain new things everyday and tear away from the boredom of routine work.
6. Pamper your look:
- Experiment with different makeup looks, whether it’s a bold lip, a smoky eye or a natural glow.
- Refresh your wardrobe by adding new pieces that fit well and make you feel confident.
- Give yourself a haircut that will suit your face-cut.
- Develop a skincare that works for you and invest in high quality products that nourish and protect your skin.
- Add some flash to your look with jewelry, hats and other accessories that complement your style.
7. Explore a new environment:
- Go to a new park, garden, mall, theater or a new store.
- Sampling new foods is an exciting way to explore a new environment.
- Interact with new people to learn their culture and way of life.
- Take your time to soak in the atmosphere, observe the scenery and appreciate.
- Popular tourist attractions can be fun to visit, this can lead to unexpected discoveries and unique experiences.
Performing these activities make your brain cells healthy, just like eating healthy snacks can help keep our body healthy. Mind snacks are a wonderful way to take care of your brain health and improve your mental well-being. Adding small and enjoyable activities into your daily routine can have a meaningful impact on your mental function, memory, focus and mood. Whether it’s playing brain games or taking a short walk in nature, mind snacks and be specialized to your interests and needs, making it easy to maintain a healthy and active brain. So, start snacking on your mind and enjoy the many benefits of mind snacks.
The “7 pillars of life” can also play a role in mind snack activities by providing a framework for personal growth and development.
How can performing tasks with your eyes closed be a mind snack?
Performing tasks with eyes closed can be a mind snack by providing a unique and challenging experience that engages multiple senses and helps improve focus and mindfulness. When we rely on our vision to perform task, we often take for granted the other senses we have that can also help us accomplish those tasks. By closing our eyes, we are forced to rely more on our other senses, such as touch, hearing and smell, which can provide a more immersive and engaging experience.
Performing tasks with our eyes closed can be a fun and challenging mind snack that helps engage multiple senses, improve focus and mindfulness and promote overall wellbeing.
How can pampering your look be a mind snack?
Pampering your look can certainly be a mind snack in the sense that it can provide a much needed mental break and boost of positive energy. Taking care of your appearance can help you feel more confident and positive about yourself. When you take the time to groom yourself, you are sending a message to your brain that you are worthy of care and attention. This can help boost your self-esteem and make you feel good about yourself.
Taking a few minutes to pamper your look can be a great way to relax and unwind. When you are stressed, your body releases cortisol, which can negatively impact your health and mood. By engaging in self care activities like taking a bath , doing a face mask or styling your hair, you can help lower your stress levels and feel more calm. Experimenting with your appearance can be a fun and creative outlet. Whether you are trying out a new makeup look, styling your hair in a different way, or putting together a new outfit, the process of expressing yourself through your appearance can be a satisfying and rewarding experience.
When you look good, you tend to feel good. Taking care of your appearance can give you a quick mood boost and help you feel more positive and energized. This can be especially helpful if your are feeling down or struggling with low mood. Pampering your look can be a mind snack by providing a much-needed break from stress and negativity, promoting positive self-image and creativity, improving your mood, and allowing your to express yourself in a unique and meaningful way